Looking over the presidential approval polls over the past few weeks (Gallup, Rasmussen), President Obama's job approval rating has risen from around 42 percent to 48 percent. There are some theories about why his rating went up, but the numbers don't really make a lick of sense.
The rise in his job approval doesn't really track with last year's election, or with the new Congress that opened this year. It doesn't even track with his executive action to extend amnesty to illegal migrants.
I have some hypotheses, however, that are yet to be proven, yet may just explain why Obama's popularity is on the rise:
- Republicans note that he only has a couple of years left in the White House and are happy to see him go.
- There are a lot of golf fans out there who appreciate Obama's dedication to the game.
- The staff at Gallup and Rasmussen were replaced by zombies.
- The staff at Gallup and Rasmussen were replaced by "jihadi militants."
- Mexican immigrants took over the polling system.
- ISIS immigrants took over the polling system.
- Anti-Christian atheists are no longer a minority in the US.
- Polling only takes place in certain areas of Washington DC and Chicago.
- The educational system has finally and completely failed in teaching its citizens basic civics.
- By the accounts of the numbers of people who went to see 50 Shades of Grey, Americans are heavy into bondage and abuse.
- Millions of Americans are suddenly not racist.
- Obama's handing out free phones again.