Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The First Black Man I Met at UCLA


When I first started attending UCLA, I made a tour of the campus to find such things as the graduate library, the student union, and the big statue of the bear. Just outside of the student union, a black man in his thirties came over to me, acting like I was his long-lost best friend.

He said something to me that strikes me to this day. Extending his hand he said, "It's all right. You can shake the hand of a black man."

I remember that moment so well because it was the first time I realized that racism - real racism, not the fantasy of progressive agitators - was a two way street. The stranger in front of the student union assumed that because I was white, I would immediately assume him to be a threat or some such nonsense. It wasn't until he made reference to himself in such a disparaging way, that I had even thought to mistrust or misjudge him.

As it turned out, he was panhandling and wanted me to give him money. In LA, no panhandlers ever tell you directly that they want money. Instead they make up lies to make you feel sorry for them. In the case of this guy on campus, he gave me a story about raising money to fund some activist group or another. No, he was not legit.

Since that time, I've watched progressive dogma drive a wedge ever deeper into the black community, fomenting a greater hatred of others and disfranchising entire communities from mainstream America.

Within modern liberal dogma, class and race warfare must continue to be spread in order to justify an ever more expensive, powerful, and intrusive government. Like that man at UCLA, liberals always use shame and disdain for others to promote their panhandling agenda.