Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Good Times

[Note the lack of photo.]

It's always an interesting thing to connect with random strangers over the internet. It's even more interesting when, after years of blogging, to catch up with and meet one of those random strangers.

Yesterday, I caught up with LL of Virtual Mirage fame. Or, I should say he caught up with me as he passed through my beloved state of Arizona.

For many years now, he's been at the top of my list of people I'd love to sit down with and have a beer with. Well, except that I don't think either of us like beer at all. Would that be a root beer? Actually, we had a couple of Cokes.

And we also had terrific sandwiches at St. Francis Restaurant in Phoenix.


There are few people in the world that you just know that you will like without ever having met them. For me, LL is one of them. Over the years of reading and responding to each others' blogs, it was obvious that we share some common beliefs about our country, our government, and some of the problems that we face. We also share common morals. We're alike in all the ways that really count in life.

It was an all too rare privilege to spend the afternoon talking about life, kvetching about the government, having a good laugh at Hillary's expense, and, in general, solving all the problems in the world.

I encourage you to check out Virtual Mirage. LL always has something interesting to say over there.

And thanks for the lunch.