Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Progressives' Six Impossible Things Before Breakfast
In Lewis Carrol's Through the Looking Glass, there is this conversation between Alice and the White Queen:
"I'm just one hundred and one, five months and a day."
"I can't believe that!" said Alice.
"Can't you?" the Queen said in a pitying tone. "Try again: draw a long breath, and shut your eyes."
Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said: "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
As our culture grows ever more mired in the pitiful dogmas of modern progressivism, our children and many adults can no longer see that the beliefs within the progressive system are 180 degrees apart.
As an example, here are six impossible things that progressives believe:
1) Gender is a social construct, yet sexual orientation is genetic.
2) The United States was founded as a corrupt system based on oppression and bigotry, yet that very system allows progressives the freedom to think and act as they see fit.
3) Blacks cannot be racists.
4) All conservatives are racist (even black conservatives). No progressives are racists.
5) Donald Trump is a misogynist, and Bill Clinton is a champion of women.
6) Freedom of speech only applies to people who think the same way as progressives.
What do you think? What impossible things do you see progressives believing?